| Links to Good Sites
(links will open a new window)
Wikipedia is a multilingual Web-based free-content encyclopedia wiki service.
Wikipedia is written collaboratively by volunteers, allowing most articles
to be changed by anyone with access to a web browser. The project began
on January 15, 2001, as a complement to the expert-written Nupedia and
is now operated by the non-profit Wikimedia Foundation. Wikipedia has more
than 3,380,000 articles, including more than 994,000 in the English-language
version. Since its inception, Wikipedia has steadily risen in popularity
and its success has spawned several sister projects. There has, however,
been controversy over its reliability.
- The Internet Movie Database
- The Internet Movie Database (often abbreviated as IMDb) website consists
of the largest known single accumulation of data on individual films, television
programs (including complete cast and crew listings), direct-to-video product
and videogames reaching back to their respective beginnings.
Also another one to help with the Identification of Screen Actors is Movie Dude's Pictorial Filmography of Screen Actors!
- Project Gutenberg
- Project Gutenberg (often abbreviated as PG) is a volunteer effort to
digitize, archive, and distribute cultural works. Founded in 1971, it is
the oldest digital library. Most of its items are the full texts of public
domain books. The project tries to make the items in its collection as
free as possible, in long-lasting, open formats that can be used on almost
- The Internet Archive
- The Internet Archive is a non-profit organization that was founded
to build an Internet library, with the purpose of offering permanent access
for researchers, historians, and scholars to historical collections that
exist in digital format. Founded in 1996 and located in the Presidio of
San Francisco, the Archive has been receiving data donations from Alexa
Internet and others. In late 1999, the organization started to grow to
include more well-rounded collections. Now the Internet Archive includes
Images, Education and Software as well as archived Web pages in the collections.
- Guide to Downloading Free eBooks
- While some may argue that having a printed book in their hands is an experience beyond compare, there are plenty of things to love about eBooks. For example, you can build and store a far bigger personal library of eBooks than you could ever build with print books due to space limitations. Another benefit is the ease with which you can select and begin reading an eBook. Find out more about the benefits of eBooks via this guide full of 40 valuable links. From eBook downloads to popular e-reader apps and alternatives, there’s something here for everyone.
- While most web-sites provide downloads of current versions, OldApps.com
caters to a different market of interest by providing older versions of
the same useful programs. Often newer versions are more complicated to
use and we understand that it is hard to find older, more user-friendly
versions of popular software. Many software providers do not include older
versions of their software on their sites, therefore, OldApps.com has found
its market niche and provides a vital intermediary function for our users'
For more information
please contact me
- © A.J.H. Computer Services